Skip to main content

Jeurre France

The Temple of Filial Piety, originally in Méréville Park, began construction in September 1786. It collapsed in March 1788 and was rebuilt nearby. Later, in 1895, it was relocated to Jeurre estate, where it became part of a park with other factories, classified as historic monuments in 1957.. The temple underwent various restoration efforts, notably in 1963 to repair war damage and subsequently in 1981, 1982, and 1985-86 for maintenance. However, the upper sculptures have sustained significant damage, prompting a study to analyze the issues, assess its overall condition, and propose a restoration plan to preserve this vital heritage element.